Clean prisoner of war letter with full Stalag VII-A red stamp. Upper left box indicates the letter was being sent to an unoccupied area. Shortly after the beginning of World War II in September 1939, a POW camp called Stalag VII A was established north of Moosburg. Originally it was planned for 10,000 prisoners, but at the end of the war more than 70,000 Allied soldiers were detained in the main camp. A total of 150.000 POWs passed through Stalag VII A. This letter is from a French prisoner back to France.